Friday, February 12, 2010

Busy Bee a Buzzzzzzing

I have been so busy lately. One project seems to lead to another, then another, and yet another. I crocheted this afghan/throw for my daughter and her new husband. It's actually the second one I've made in this pattern, and I have to say I love it! The pattern is free and offered at the Lion Brand website. The name of the pattern is Crochet Sampler Afghan. It's made up of three different patterened squares, then joined together, with a picot added around the border. I've also busy at my booth in Paply's Antiques. This is a picture of a lampshade I made out of tulle and ribbon, tied on a vintage shade form. The ribbons create the perfect spot to slip photos for display.

I just added this vintage fireplace mantle to my booth today. This isn't a very good picture, but I wanted to snap one quickly before I left. There is a mirror inserted where the logs would be, so that it can be used as a faux fireplace. It's simply beautiful with a cluster of lit candles placed in front.
And here is something else I recently added to my booth. Isn't it wonderful?! I don't know it's age, but I believe it's from the 1950's. It currently is painted beige, with chrome legs and handles. That's the way I found it, and I left it that way, thinking someone would want to paint it to match their personal decor. If it doesn't sell soon, I may paint it myself. What color, though? A warm yellow? Fire engine red? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
And did you notice the shelf or tray that raises for an serving area? The second photo displays it in its lifted position. This would be a wonderful piece to add to a kitchen or a patio and used to serve food and drinks.
While I've been in crochet-mode, I whipped up several bracelets for my daughters and nieces for Valentine presents. I used an ecru thread on some and adorned them with vintage buttons---think charm bracelet, as that is the effect of the finished product. I also placed a couple in my booth at Paplys Antiques. If you're looking for a Valentine present for your sweetheart, it would certainly be a treasured gift. I also have these in my booth...

Sequined slippers! I have them in pink, yellow, blue, green, ivory and peach. There may be a pair in UT orange left, though that particular color sold really quickly.
Well, I better buzzzz on out of here. I've got a Valentine dinner to prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment