Friday, August 20, 2010

Reuse!

Here's another way to go green...reuse! I applied this method with the flowers that were used in my daughter's wedding last November. She chose hydrangeas, which are a wonderful flower to dry and use in arrangements. I chose to make a grapevine wreath with some of the hydrangeas left from her wedding. This is a shot of her bridal portrait that sits on our piano. Notice her bouquet of hydrangeas. Hydrangeas were used in all the floral arrangements throughout the wedding and reception decor, so I had a lot of flowers to work with.


After the wedding was over, I took the flowers and placed them in vases--no water--and allowed them to dry. Once dry, I took a grapevine wreath and attached the dried flowers. Here is a pic of the finished project. (That odd looking strip in the center of the wreath is actually the side of her bridal portrait. I have the wreath propped against the side of her portrait, creating a 'wedding' vignette.)

Do you have something lying around your house that can be reused, repurposed and given a new life?

No comments:

Post a Comment