Monday, August 16, 2010

Going Green...Renew

Going green is a fast growing trend right now, and a good one! In hopes of encouraging others to travel the 'green' route, this week I'm going to post some ideas on how I'm greening up my life. There are several ways to contribute to the green movement. My first example is one of RENEWING!
We are in the process of building an outdoor room. I have lots of outdoor furniture to use in my future space, but most of it is showing it's age. Rather than buy NEW furniture, I decided to RENEW what I already have on hand. Here is a pic of my wood patio furniture before I gave it the 'green' treatment.


See? I told you it was showing it's age! But check out how it looked after I gave it a fresh coat of stain.
And this is after only ONE coat of stain! I'm thinking I'll apply two, just to make sure all the dry wood is amply covered.
Stay tuned for more 'going green' tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment