Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Once a Week Wonder!

That's me! I don't know how you bloggers do it. Blogging daily, that is. If I can squeeze a once-a-week blog, I'm setting the world on fire. Pitiful, I know. But I'm grateful to all of you who take time out of your busy schedules to blog daily, and to those who stop by to see what's new at Cow Palace.

To give you an update on what's happening, I've been scouring the countryside in search of new items to place in my booth. I've been to Dallas, to Tyler, to Waxahachie, to Austin, to...well, I've been a lot of places! I've been putting miles on my truck---oops, sorry, honey, YOUR truck. And I've been coming home with LOTS of loot! Check out some of the vignettes currently in my booth:

Is this not the cutest vintage apron you've ever seen?! Blue and white, handmade, and ready to wrap around YOUR waist or decorate YOUR kitchen! Behind the mannequin, is a peek at a really cute table runner...brick red and appliqued with sunflowers. I also have matching placemats!
Okay. You're right. If you've been in my booth lately, you've seen these gorgeous canisters, as well as the darling crocheted apron. I can't believe they are still there! When I acquired the canisters for my booth, there was a price tag on the largest canister that read $89. And I've priced the ENTIRE, four-piece set for $75! And they are blue and white! I know the picture is a little blurred, but if you look closely in the lower right-hand corner, you will see some pieces of Hadley pottery. Straight from Lousiville, Kentucky, and highly collectible!
This piece, too, has been in my booth a couple of weeks. If you missed seeing it, it's because it's tucked in a corner and loaded down with other treasures. This piece was designed as an outdoor accessory...perfect by the barbeque grill or for serving drinks on the patio. Handmade and on casters. Who could ask for more?!

You can't see much of this piece of furniture. It's loaded with all kinds of what-nots and vintage pieces of china and pottery. But it's a beautiful china cabinet, with a hutch on top and storage below. And it's seeking a new home!
Are you seeing a pattern here? First, I mention all the NEW treasures I've been finding and hauling home. And I'm only showing you things that are already in my booth. It's because I need room for all the new 'finds!' To create that room, I'm sponsoring a BIG Memorial Day Sale!! So drop by Paply's Gifts and Antiques this weekend and look for the US flag markers that indicate the items on sale. Many of the vendors are offering sales this upcoming holiday weekend, so make a point to stop by Paply's. And take home some treasures! You'll be glad you did...and so will your pocketbook. :>)

4 comments:

  1. lovely displays! i plan on visiting this holiday weekend. can't wait!

    terry lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeehaw! I'd say, "I'll see you there", but we have friends coming for the weekend...but we plan to drop by Paply's at some point, so maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, Man O Mine's laptop has a whole bunch of Iraq in it and is acting up. It says it published ]something...not sure what.
    Anyway, I'll be there in the morning for the yardsale, camera and wallet in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And guess where I was the weekend of the yard sale??? IN DALLAS VISITING MY DAUGHTER! Dang it! Will you please, please, please come back for a visit when I'm at the store? Send me an email: cowpalaceantiques@gmail.com I will really, really try to meet you there!

    ReplyDelete